Friday, February 9, 2007

Best time of the week for news of a site to 'break out'?

I want my site to hit the nerd news outlets on a slow news day, so it doesn't get overlooked by some other sensational story. This will be tough - I don't think I have much control as to when I'll get picked up. I've decided it is also probably better to launch early in the week. I know that my tech browsing goes way down towards the end of the week with weekend activities coming up.


I think I will submit to all the major news sites late this Sunday night. That way if there's some sort of delay, even if I get publish by Wednesday that should be fine. In my non-expert opinion, I would hate to get published and make the main pages Friday night. I'll report back here the time between submission to publication. Oh, and by the way, I'm submitting to these sites: Slashdot, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, Fark, and Furl.

No comments: