Saturday, February 10, 2007

Making a catchy headline

I've been crafting my submission for Digg, and didn't realize there was such an art to it. Just do a Google search for Digg headlines, and you'll find a ton of suggestion sites.


In light of what I've learned from these sites, I decided to create a 'Top 10 Fashion Tips for Nerds' article, and link to that from the news sites. I'm a sucker for Top 10 lists, and it's been proven many others are too, so that will hopefully further increase the interest in the site. Hopefully the people that read the article will stick around and browse the rest of my site...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, you should allow anonymous comments. Posting on a "geek" website is intimidating to some of us girls. If you're moderating, I'd really rather not have my name published but I wanted to send you some feedback.

So, great article on the fashion tips. You covered all of the basics: grooming, shoes, classic wardrobe elements. Are you single by any chance? I'm kidding.

I have dated a few "geeks" (I'm a sucker for glasses and prime numbers) who were well-dressed and liked to shop, more than me even. I think they started like you. Shopped with women until they figured out what worked for them.

May I make a suggestion for your next Top 10 ways to get geeks to read? Social skills. Fashion is not the final frontier for geeks when it comes to women. For this girl, initial attraction = confidence + attention to detail.

Steve said...

Hi Monisa! Thanks for writing!

First of all, I didn't realize annonymous comments were disabled! My apologies... darn, I wonder how many comments I've missed because of that. :( Fixed now.

I am planning more Top 10 articles because you're sooo right - attraction is more than just clothing. Top 10 social skills or top 10 things not to do on a date could be interesting...

Anonymous said...

Well said.